Friday, December 28, 2012

New Year Resolutions

I'll be taking my Christmas tree down this weekend, and I would like to put a new intention in the New Year's ornament for 2013.

I'm a big fan of measurable goals; I find that they're the easiest to work toward, since you can actually construct a plan of attack.

Of course, they also mean acknowledgement of a weakness, which is something that I'm not that great at. I can acknowledge weaknesses; I just prefer not to do it on paper.

However, I have to admit that my life has not gone in a good direction over the last five years. There are positives, but there are also plenty of areas for improvement.

I think getting a new job will be the first boost to my self esteem, but I can't count on that in the new year (at least, not immediately).

What I can count on, and what I'll be tucking away to see how I do with next year is:

1) Putting up at least 3 positive blog entries a week. I really want to be more mindful of the things that I have that are positive in my life. And I'd like to be less work-focused, so not having a job is actually a positive in this regard.

2) Saying "yes" to opportunity. I am very inclined to stay in my shell. Things aren't going to change for me for the better until I get out of it. So, unless there's a real reason to say "no" to something, I want to say "yes" and see what happens. At the least, it will be in an interesting adventure.

Today I'm grateful for all of the positive people who I have met over the last year. They're the people I hope to be more like in the coming year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Positive people...ick.

Good luck.